Sunday 5 June 2016

The June 30 Day Challenge!


So, apparently we learn something new every day.
Question is, how often do we try or do something new? The answer for me, is not enough.
Enter; the 30 Day Challenge!
Every day throughout the month of June, I will do or try something completely new that I have never done before! Some days will be more extreme than others but the final outcome will be to have achieved 30 days of fun & new experiences, learning along the way and hopefully showing all of you how easy it can be to do too!
As it's now Monday 6th of June I thought I would take the time to recap the last 5 days and what I've done on each of them! I will try my best to vlog the fun days out or the challenges that are best captured on camera and upload them to my YouTube channel for you all to see!

Day 1 Wednesday 1st of June - I signed up to run the Cheltenham Half Marathon in September. I'm not really a keen runner but I was inspired by watching the London marathon earlier this year and I'm ready to give it a go! I went on my first training run today also - a cheeky 5K around Cheltenham after work with my housemate!

Day 2 Thursday 2nd of June  - I tried Halloumi cheese! So let me explain this rather daft one! On Thursday we went on an 'away day' with work. While we were there I came across this Cypriot delight at the lunch buffet! After declaring that I'd never tried it, I was
met by several gasps from my colleagues - apparently it's a thing! Therefore it counted as day 2 of trying something new! Verdict - delicious!

Day 3 Friday 3rd of June - I bought my very first Lottery ticket! I had a little 'money spider' crawling on me, which obviously, I thought would be a dead cert that I would win. Somewhat disappointed not to have won in the draw but apparently you have more chance of being hit by a car! Great. A new experience none the less!


Day 4 Saturday 4th of June - I went to Wales by car - A first in itself! The first time I went to Wales was earlier this year when I went to watch the 6 nations in Cardiff. However, as I arrived by train I feel it doesn't count! So anyway, not only crossing a border in to a new country but also a new sport! We went surfing at Porthcawl, Rest Bay. Hands down the best day of 2016 so far! Here's a quick video of our search for the surf! (Apologies for the slightly grainy quality - filmed on my iPhone!) A truly fantastic day out!


Day 5 Sunday 5th of June - Today I was working in town so I had to fit my new experience in to 30 minutes during my lunch break! I decided to pop in to House of Fraser and have my make up done at a counter. Something I've never done and actually really needed to do but have never got round to it! I went to Bobbi Brown as they give make up lessons for free! Teaching you what make up and which brushes to use daily to suit your skin. See my quick video review below and some pics of the lovely lesson area;




Book an appointment at any counter for free!

So that's all for the past few days! I feel as though I'm off to a great start but I am welcoming suggestions for new things to try! Go on challenge me to something new!

Keep up to date with the challenge on my snapchat - (Username: Lindsjane4) or on my Instagram and YouTube - both situated on the right of this blog!
Stay tuned to see what Monday's new challenge is!
L x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Fashion Edit. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig