Sunday 23 October 2016

Autumn's here! - It's time to get cosy!


Well after much anticipation, the cold snap of Autumn has finally arrived. At last, we can begin to wave goodbye to that awkward weather that starts the day cold but leaves you sweating in a jumper come lunch time!
With the cold nights and dark mornings, come the need for candles, blankets and a cosy bed to climb in to at the end of a long day. Autumn is by far my favourite time of year; I love sunshine on cold days, playing hockey in the Saturday morning sun and getting home from work to cosy baths and fluffy PJs. It's also, lets be honest, the countdown to Christmas! I've been building my Autumn collection of homeware bits and accessories over the past few weeks and I thought it was time for the first mini Autumn haul. Along with some of the photos I've snapped of the beautiful changing season so far!

The first thing I bought was my lovely new bedding. There's nothing better than updating your bedroom to fit the season. I mean, I still keep my same duvet cover, I just add some seasonal cushions and throws to give my bed the update it needs to get me in the Autumn spirit!
As you may know, if you've watched my haul videos on youtube or on Instagram, I love a budget haul. Mainly because I can't afford to go all out when I change my decor every season, but also because you simply do not need to spend a lot of money to find gorgeous bits and pieces if you know where to look!
In the Summer it was all about Primark's beautiful Moroccan homeware range - so gorgeous and summery and wonderfully premium looking; but for this season I hit the jackpot in the form of a whole aisle of Burnt Orange, Leaf covered gorgeousness in ASDA.





Pictured above: Stay home & snuggle cushion - £8
                          Burnt Orange Check cushions (sold separately) £8

The other gem that i found in ASDA was this luxurious brushed cotton fitted sheet;


It was such a bargain at only £8 and quite frankly I don't know why I haven't owned one of these before now!? There were a few different colours and prints. I went for a plain natural colour but it did take all my will power to prevent my inner child from buying the one with little hedgehogs printed all over! The orange check throw in the background matches the cushions and was also from ASDA. The cushions and the throw are faux mohair, which makes them gloriously cosy and ideal to snuggle up with when the heating's gone off for the night!

What better way to feel ever cosier, than with an abundance of scented glowing candles! I bought my candles and beautiful holders from Homesense (TK Maxx), Vinegar HillYankee CandleDunelmTesco and Bath & Bodyworks - who don't actually ship to the UK but if you know someone living in or visiting America/Canada/Dubai etc, then I would definitely get them to send you some over, such amazing fragrances and their Christmas range is another level of excitement altogether. I'll apologise now for the next hour you are going to waste trawling their website in awe!



Once I had my bedroom and living room all cosy with fairy lights, candles and cushions; it was time to start bringing out the Autumn Winter wardrobe!
I always start with the accessories, although this often leaves me wearing a bobble hat the minute it drops below 17 degrees! The great thing about Autumn is the layering, you can add so much to your outfit through accessorising and scarves and knitwear are brilliant for this. Pictured below are two of my favourite purchases from Primark. A checked scarf is my ultimate must have for Autumn, this season there are so many amazing textures and colours on the high street, so you can really get involved with this trend to fit your own style. This Red check scarf was £5 and the Oxblood clutch bag was around £6 from what I can remember! I absolutely love the colour and I have the perfect lipstick that matches back perfectly for a night out with this bag.






















I also found these 2 gorgeous bobble hats in Primark, they were £2 each and come in so many colours so you can literally have one for every possible outfit! I went for the blush pink and charcoal, but there was a beautiful mustard colour that would look gorgeous if you have chestnut brown hair!
 On the left is my Michael Kors Selma satchel in the sunshine with my new faux shearling mitts from New Look - which are literally a cosy bed for the hands! While putting this post together, I've realised I have rather a lot of wardrobe pieces to talk about. For that reason, I'm planning a Youtube video on my wardrobe essentials for this season so look out for that!

We all know with the colder weather comes the perfect excuse for hot chocolates and warming comfort food. With this in mind, I thought I'd share some treats I've been indulging in over the past few weeks. Of course Autumn begins the moment Starbucks bring out their famous PSL, (Pumpkin Spiced Latte, for those who aren't basic enough to know the abbreviation!) However this year they answered my prayers with a Pumpkin Spiced Frappe which was perfect, given it was 18 degrees on launch day! - Absolutely full of sugar of course and in no way way good for you, but the perfect treat on a weekend out shopping. I also re-discovered my love of baking recently and whipped up the chocolate salted caramel cupcakes for a work bake sale. They are from the Hummingbird Bakery; Home Sweet Home recipe book and really delicious. Let me know if you would like the recipe and I'll post it. I got the gorgeous leaf sprinkles and gold cupcake cases from Homesense. I think I'm going to make some cinnamon and spiced apple muffins next weekend and may even venture to some pumpkin cupcakes too for Halloween! I'll let you know on instagram/snapchat how I get on!




So I think that's all from me on my Autumn haul and how I've welcomed my favourite season of 2016! I have taken so many photo's of Autumn's beauty recently so here's a few of my favourites and some outfit photos in-between :)




Thanks for taking the time to read my post, all the products are linked in the paragraphs, but any questions, please leave me a comment! I'd also love to know if you guys are inspired to shop any of the products in the blog post so please let me know in the comments below.
Happy Autumn/Shopping/Decorating!
L x


SHARE:

2 comments

© That Fashion Edit. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig