Monday 7 March 2016

Spring Shopping Haul

It may have felt like the middle of Winter last week, but with the High Street launching their new SS16 ranges it was impossible not to get purchase-happy on Spring styles this weekend!
I visited Birmingham's bustling Bullring centre to suss out what's on trend for the season ahead.
I love this time of year for transitional pieces - light weight jackets & coats that you can wear with a chunky scarf and skirts & dresses wearable with tights - The high street has definitely got you
covered for this time of year or until our yellow friend in the sky makes an appearance at least!
My first point of call was River Island.
They have followed 3 of the key transitional trends.

The first  - That gorgeous chic nautical look is back; stripes, clean white lines, feminine shirts & neat blazers, pops of yellow and red & of course some gorgeous denim to tie your outfit in together.

The second; That fabulous safari/festival trend that has swept the High Street and incorporated key pieces from AW15's Boho/70's craze! (Great news for us girls on a budget - your suede button through skirt & dungaree dress are still bang on trend!)
This is the trend that is so accessible - get yourself a khaki bomber and your half way there! The collections feature a combination of suede & cord pieces, khaki,tan & beige palettes and endless pairs of 'essential' heels & sandals! I bought myself the gorgeous 'Rosine' suede peep toe boots which I posted on Instagram! I'm wearing them in the office today and they are a dream to wear! (Get them here!)

The final trend that I am loving from River Island is the True Blues collection! Again, the high street have gone in on denim this Spring and with denim skirts more on trend than ever there are so many lengths & styles to choose from! Dungarees are also having a moment for spring, whether its the classic full length leg, the shorts or the dungaree dress - they are everywhere! I bought a lovely black dungaree dress in Primark (which I will Insta this week!) and I am definitely on the look out for the perfect Spring pair in the coming weeks as the weather gets warmer! I did also buy some denim crops from Superdry this weekend which I shared on Insta - they were the Leila Crop Skinnies in Black - so comfy and a perfect  casual transitional piece to wear with espadrilles or converse.

My favourite purchase on Saturday was the gorgeous draped trench in Stone that I posted on today's #OOTD.
At £25 this beauty is my #Saturdaysteal! - Get yours here







So, finally, some of the fab offers that I clocked on Saturday that you need to get involved with this week!
  • River Island's Style Insider magazine Spring edition is offering 20% off when you spend over £50 at the till - Easily done let me tell you!! Pick a copy up in store now or enter code STYLEW316 at the online checkout- offer valid between 04/03 & 13/03 SHOP THE OFFER
  • Victoria's Secret have launched 'Secret Rewards' - I also posted this on Instagram last night, receive a reward card with every purchase which has a secret value on it. The value will be revealed when you redeem the card between the 29/03 & 27/04 in any English VS store. Value's can be up to an amazing £500 off your purchase! Can you imagine!! PLAN YOUR ANGEL LOOK HERE


Look out for my upcoming blog post on my favorite trend picks from the High st this Spring, follow me on Insta and Twitter for more offers, reviews & things I'm loving this week!

Happy Shopping!
x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© That Fashion Edit. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig